For those who have not lived in that period of 1960s, they also knew that the 60s was marked as the era of the miniskirt and the space age. In the 60s, the man stepped on the Moon and there was a big rise in young fashion.
The colors pretty frequently used at that time were black and white, soft colors with metallic and flourishing items. For men, the young fashion was adjusted and low-rise pants, precious fabrics and colors like red and pink in shirts were trendy.
A few items marked 60s which you’ll be able to wear especially if you’re going to a 60s party :
- Polka-dot clothing: especially the dresses were the pieces that most received this pattern;
- Aviator Sunglasses: this model of glasses was worn a lot in that time and it is still worn today;
- Ties and ribbons: they are in the clothing and also in the head, marking 60s as accessories. They are items that give an upgrade to your look;
- Closed shoes: With low heel they were worn more frequently by that time;
- Round glasses and kitten: these two models were used in the 60s and they are items that can compose quietly your look;
- Leather jacket: one of the most frequently used parts at that time, due to rock and roll style packed by King Elvis Presley. It was a traditional piece and is still widely used today.
60s male clothes tips
The men of that time had an “armor to seduce the girls” which were Lee jacket, faded jeans and a pair of moccasin. The girl of that era did not resist when she saw a man dressed in that style. Men were synonymous with the girl he knew to dress well. So they could get the girls with his style.
At this time the clothes were made mostly by tailors or seamstresses, and it was very difficult to get buy some ready clothes. Only people who had enough money could buy clothes ready with brands. So in that period it was very normal to buy clothes under measures made by tailors or seamstresses.
Young Japanese Women’s Fashion of the Late 1960s ~ vintage …
A Love Letter to Mary Quant and 60s Mod
Adorably Wacky Fashion in the 1960s That You Must See
Scandinavian vs. Japanese: The true source of minimalism …
27 best images about Suedeheads on Pinterest
Knee Socks Stock Photos & Knee Socks Stock Images
1960s look pin up girl in an American diner with a …
Twiggy Stock Photos & Twiggy Stock Images
67 best images about Chicago 1960s on Pinterest
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015): Glen Urquhart Check Suit …
The night Vidal Sassoon gave me a new haircut… and …
Search results for: images taken in the 1960s
25 best images about Peggy Lipton on Pinterest
Barbie & Ken 1960s Vintage Fashion Booklet
Fashion & Style: modern fashion styles
Pop Art and Fashion: Painting on Clothes – and on Life …
Skinheads, Swastika, Reggae, Afrika – knowledge of self
Burberry Logo, Burberry Symbol Meaning, History and Evolution
THE SPEAKEASY Pop music orientated club in 60s London …