Millions of years ago, the land masses on earth were a single, contiguous continent: Pangea. With the movement of our planet, the primeval continent began to break 150 million years ago. Today we speak of seven continents, some of which are still connected. Only Australia and Antarctica are really independent.
View Articles by Continent
Temperatures on the coldest of all continents average 50 degrees below zero. Layers of ice up to four kilometers thick cover almost the entire Antarctic. Only a very small part of the surface is ice-free. That’s why – apart from a few scientists – hardly any people live here. It is the realm of seals, penguins and whales. The animals of the Antarctic mainly feed on the sea because there are hardly any plants.
Australia is the smallest and flattest continent on earth and lies like a huge island in the sea. Until the first Europeans came in the 19th century, only the aborigines lived here. They take care not to destroy nature and only take what they really need from the earth to survive. Around 20 million people live in the smallest part of the world. Australia is famous for its exceptional wildlife. The most famous are the koalas and kangaroos.
List of all countries in Oceania:
Because of its location on the equator, Africa is the warmest of all continents. That is why there are large desert areas such as the Sahara. Fascinating animals such as elephants, rhinos, baboons, zebras and lions live here. Africa is also the cradle of mankind. Findings prove that our ancestors first appeared in Africa about two million years ago.
List of all countries in Africa:
A large number of people live in Europe in a relatively small area. It currently consists of 46 sovereign states, in which more than 100 different languages are spoken. From Norway to Greece, from Portugal to Russia – when you cross Europe, you come across a wide variety of peoples, cultures and landscapes. Europe is also connected to another continent: Asia. They are the only two continents that are not separated by water. Together, the two form a huge land mass.
List of all countries in Europe:
The largest part of the world covers almost a third of the total land area. Most people also live here – in India alone over a billion – in China as many as 1.3 billion. So Chinese is the most spoken language in the world. Asia is also home to the huge Himalayas with the highest mountain on earth, Mount Everest.
List of all countries in Asia:
America – North and South
America consists of two continents: North and South America. The continent has an incredible diversity of nature. In North America, all the world’s climate zones are united – from the polar regions to the desert regions. There is still untouched nature here, but also large metropolises. Until the 15th century, only Indians lived in North America. Then European emigrants came to the continent. According to Countryaah.com, Canada, Mexico and United States are the three major countries in the continent of North America.
In South America there are still a relatively large number of Indian descendants. Some of these so-called Indians live in the largest jungle on earth: the rainforest. The trees and plants in this rainforest produce so much oxygen that the area is also called “the green lung of the earth”. Half of all animal and plant species on earth live here.
List of all countries in North America:
List of all countries in South America:
Central America, the seaweed that connects North and South America and separates the Pacific from the Caribbean.
Central America includes the states of Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama; total approx. 1/2 million. km2, 33 million. For historical and cultural reasons, Mexico is also often included in Central America.
The area has historical common features dating back to pre-Columbian Native American cultures, and apart from Belize (until 1981 British Honduras) a past as Spanish colonies from the early 1500s. to 1821.
The majority of the population are Catholics and descendants of Native Americans, many of them European-Native American, Masters.
The colonial era’s dependence on plantation products and mining became from the late 1800s. continued by US companies, especially in the field of agribusiness, and for the past 100 years, the countries have been strongly influenced by US political and military influence.
The mountainous terrain is bounded by a narrow coastal plain to the west and a wider to the east with mangrove swamps characterized in late summer by tropical hurricanes, hurricanes.
Central America lies in a geologically very active area, the collision zone between the two small lithosphere plates Cocos plate and Caribbean plate.
Official languages are Spanish except in Belize, where it is English.
In pre-Spanish times, the region from central Mexico to northern Costa Rica constituted a coherent cultural area known as Mesoamerica.
After the colonization
In the colonial period from the beginning of the 1500-t. until 1821, Central America constituted the administrative unit of Guatemalan Statehood, the Capitanía General, consisting of Chiapas, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
The 50 countries with the highest electricity consumption in the world
|Rank||Country||Electricity consumption (million kWh)|
|1||United States of America (North America)||4,072,000|
|2||China, People’s Republic (Asia)||2,650,000|
|5||Canada (North America)||568.200|
|9||Brazil (South America)||368.430|
|10||Great Britain (Europe)||354,800|
|11||Korea, Republic of (Asia)||352,000|
|16||Mexico (North America)||211,000|
|17||South Africa (Africa)||210,600|
|19||Saudi Arabia (Asia)||162,200|
|28||Venezuela (South America)||92,560|
|30||Argentina (South America)||86,380|
|37||Czech Republic (Europe)||57,200|
|41||Colombia (South America)||53,370|
|42||Chile (South America)||50,670|
|46||United Arab Emirates (Asia)||46,200|
|48||Hong Kong (Asia)||41,230|
|49||New Zealand (Australia-Oceania)||39,020|
|Consumption of electrical energy.|
- Wayland, Iowa March 24, 2023 - According to campingship, Wayland, Iowa is a small city located in the southeastern part of the state. It has a population of around 4,000 people and is situated near the Mississippi River. The city is… Continue Reading
- Spain Political Systems and Social Conditions March 17, 2023 - The path to independence for Spain began in 1808 when Napoleon invaded the country and deposed King Charles IV. This was a major turning point in Spanish history, as it sparked a rebellion by the… Continue Reading
- Whitefield, Maine March 12, 2023 - Whitefield is a small town in Lincoln County, Maine with a population of just over 1,500. It is located on the Sheepscot River and is surrounded by the rolling hills and forests of mid-coast Maine.… Continue Reading
- Stacyville, Maine March 11, 2023 - Stacyville, Maine is a small town located in the northern part of the state. It has a population of around 3,000 people, and is known for its rural atmosphere and strong sense of community. The… Continue Reading
- Agency, Iowa February 24, 2023 - According to fashionissupreme, Agency, Iowa is a small town located in Wapello County, Iowa. It is situated on the banks of the Des Moines River and has a population of just over 800 people. The… Continue Reading
- Afton, Iowa February 17, 2023 - According to ezinesports, Afton, Iowa is a small town located in Union County, Iowa. With a population of just over 600 people, it is a rural community that offers a peaceful and relaxed atmosphere. The… Continue Reading
- Things to Do in Nepal February 10, 2023 - Entertainment and attractions of Nepal In the south of the country is the town of Lumbini - a place that is considered the birthplace of the Buddha. There is a temple in honor of his… Continue Reading
- Havana, Cuba February 3, 2023 - The capital of Liberty Island and its main tourist center Havana is less than two years away from its 500th anniversary. The architecture of the times of the Spanish colonial domination is adjacent here to… Continue Reading
- Rogaška Slatina, Slovenia December 30, 2022 - Rogaska Slatina resort is located in the east of Slovenia, at an altitude of 228 m above sea level, 108 km from Ljubljana. Thanks to the unique mineral water Donat Mg (over 13 grams of… Continue Reading
- Suzhou, China December 23, 2022 - Suzhou is sometimes referred to as the "Venice of the East". It is one of the first cities in the world built on water. Instead of streets, there are canals across which ancient stone bridges… Continue Reading