Millions of years ago, the land masses on earth were a single, contiguous continent: Pangea. With the movement of our planet, the primeval continent began to break 150 million years ago. Today we speak of seven continents, some of which are still connected. Only Australia and Antarctica are really independent.
View Articles by Continent
Temperatures on the coldest of all continents average 50 degrees below zero. Layers of ice up to four kilometers thick cover almost the entire Antarctic. Only a very small part of the surface is ice-free. That’s why – apart from a few scientists – hardly any people live here. It is the realm of seals, penguins and whales. The animals of the Antarctic mainly feed on the sea because there are hardly any plants.
Australia is the smallest and flattest continent on earth and lies like a huge island in the sea. Until the first Europeans came in the 19th century, only the aborigines lived here. They take care not to destroy nature and only take what they really need from the earth to survive. Around 20 million people live in the smallest part of the world. Australia is famous for its exceptional wildlife. The most famous are the koalas and kangaroos.
List of all countries in Oceania:
Because of its location on the equator, Africa is the warmest of all continents. That is why there are large desert areas such as the Sahara. Fascinating animals such as elephants, rhinos, baboons, zebras and lions live here. Africa is also the cradle of mankind. Findings prove that our ancestors first appeared in Africa about two million years ago.
List of all countries in Africa:
A large number of people live in Europe in a relatively small area. It currently consists of 46 sovereign states, in which more than 100 different languages are spoken. From Norway to Greece, from Portugal to Russia – when you cross Europe, you come across a wide variety of peoples, cultures and landscapes. Europe is also connected to another continent: Asia. They are the only two continents that are not separated by water. Together, the two form a huge land mass.
List of all countries in Europe:
The largest part of the world covers almost a third of the total land area. Most people also live here – in India alone over a billion – in China as many as 1.3 billion. So Chinese is the most spoken language in the world. Asia is also home to the huge Himalayas with the highest mountain on earth, Mount Everest.
List of all countries in Asia:
America – North and South
America consists of two continents: North and South America. The continent has an incredible diversity of nature. In North America, all the world’s climate zones are united – from the polar regions to the desert regions. There is still untouched nature here, but also large metropolises. Until the 15th century, only Indians lived in North America. Then European emigrants came to the continent. According to Countryaah.com, Canada, Mexico and United States are the three major countries in the continent of North America.
In South America there are still a relatively large number of Indian descendants. Some of these so-called Indians live in the largest jungle on earth: the rainforest. The trees and plants in this rainforest produce so much oxygen that the area is also called “the green lung of the earth”. Half of all animal and plant species on earth live here.
List of all countries in North America:
List of all countries in South America:
Central America, the seaweed that connects North and South America and separates the Pacific from the Caribbean.
Central America includes the states of Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama; total approx. 1/2 million. km2, 33 million. For historical and cultural reasons, Mexico is also often included in Central America.
The area has historical common features dating back to pre-Columbian Native American cultures, and apart from Belize (until 1981 British Honduras) a past as Spanish colonies from the early 1500s. to 1821.
The majority of the population are Catholics and descendants of Native Americans, many of them European-Native American, Masters.
The colonial era’s dependence on plantation products and mining became from the late 1800s. continued by US companies, especially in the field of agribusiness, and for the past 100 years, the countries have been strongly influenced by US political and military influence.
The mountainous terrain is bounded by a narrow coastal plain to the west and a wider to the east with mangrove swamps characterized in late summer by tropical hurricanes, hurricanes.
Central America lies in a geologically very active area, the collision zone between the two small lithosphere plates Cocos plate and Caribbean plate.
Official languages are Spanish except in Belize, where it is English.
In pre-Spanish times, the region from central Mexico to northern Costa Rica constituted a coherent cultural area known as Mesoamerica.
After the colonization
In the colonial period from the beginning of the 1500-t. until 1821, Central America constituted the administrative unit of Guatemalan Statehood, the Capitanía General, consisting of Chiapas, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
The 50 countries with the highest electricity consumption in the world
|Rank||Country||Electricity consumption (million kWh)|
|1||United States of America (North America)||4,072,000|
|2||China, People’s Republic (Asia)||2,650,000|
|5||Canada (North America)||568.200|
|9||Brazil (South America)||368.430|
|10||Great Britain (Europe)||354,800|
|11||Korea, Republic of (Asia)||352,000|
|16||Mexico (North America)||211,000|
|17||South Africa (Africa)||210,600|
|19||Saudi Arabia (Asia)||162,200|
|28||Venezuela (South America)||92,560|
|30||Argentina (South America)||86,380|
|37||Czech Republic (Europe)||57,200|
|41||Colombia (South America)||53,370|
|42||Chile (South America)||50,670|
|46||United Arab Emirates (Asia)||46,200|
|48||Hong Kong (Asia)||41,230|
|49||New Zealand (Australia-Oceania)||39,020|
|Consumption of electrical energy.|
- Hawaii: The Aloha State December 1, 2022 - A holiday in Hawaii, a honeymoon, discover volcanoes, conquer 'the waves' while surfing or enjoy paradise waterfalls. On the islands that make up Hawaii, you do it all under the tropical sun. Let your hips… Continue Reading
- What to Do in Yaroslavl, Russia November 25, 2022 - Journey to Yaroslavl is not limited to the contemplation of ancient cathedrals and visiting museums - there are activities for everyone who likes and for those who cannot imagine rest without movement. In summer, Yaroslavl… Continue Reading
- San Jose, Costa Rica November 18, 2022 - According to Wholevehicles, San Jose - the capital of Costa Rica - is located on a plateau in the center of the country at an altitude of 1200 m, surrounded by mountains and valleys. Approximately… Continue Reading
- Things to Do in Dinant, Belgium November 11, 2022 - In the southeast of Belgium in the province of Namur, not far from the French border, you will find the town of Dinant. The city is beautifully enclosed between the Maas and the surrounding hilly… Continue Reading
- Landmarks of Lanzarote, Spain November 4, 2022 - According to A Country Blog, the island of Lanzarote is one of the Canary Islands; an archipelago located about 200 kilometers west of the Moroccan coast. Thanks to its mild climate, Lanzarote attracts many tourists… Continue Reading
- US 50 in Maryland October 30, 2022 - US 50 Get started Washington End Ocean City Length 150 mi Length 242 km Route West Virginia Red house West Virginia District of Columbia John Hanson Freeway Columbia Park Road Landover Road Veterans Parkway… Continue Reading
- US 59 and 61 in Missouri October 29, 2022 - US 59 in Missouri US 59 Begin Winthrop End Tarkio Length 106 mi Length 170 km Route Kansas St. Joseph Mound City Tarkio Iowa According to Existingcountries, US 59 is a US Highway in the… Continue Reading
- Nebraska History October 28, 2022 - The area that now forms the state of Nebraska was originally settled by Native American tribes. Nebraska, meaning "flat water," was the name the Native Americans gave to the river now called the Platte. Some… Continue Reading
- US 95 in Nevada October 27, 2022 - US 95 Get started Cal-Nev-Aric End McDermitt Length 647 mi Length 1,041 km Route California Boulder City Henderson Las Vegas Tonopah Hawthorne fallon Fallon - Winnemucca: Winnemucca McDermitt Oregon According to Watchtutorials, US 95… Continue Reading
- State Route 85 and 895 in New York October 26, 2022 - State Route 85 in New York SR-85 Get started Rensselaerville End Albany Length 26 mi Length 43 km Route Rensellaervilleslinglands Albany Crosstown Arterial Buckingham Drive Cortland Street Belvidere Avenue Washington Avenue → Albany / Buffalo… Continue Reading