Millions of years ago, the land masses on earth were a single, contiguous continent: Pangea. With the movement of our planet, the primeval continent began to break 150 million years ago. Today we speak of seven continents, some of which are still connected. Only Australia and Antarctica are really independent.
Temperatures on the coldest of all continents average 50 degrees below zero. Layers of ice up to four kilometers thick cover almost the entire Antarctic. Only a very small part of the surface is ice-free. That’s why – apart from a few scientists – hardly any people live here. It is the realm of seals, penguins and whales. The animals of the Antarctic mainly feed on the sea because there are hardly any plants.
Australia is the smallest and flattest continent on earth and lies like a huge island in the sea. Until the first Europeans came in the 19th century, only the aborigines lived here. They take care not to destroy nature and only take what they really need from the earth to survive. Around 20 million people live in the smallest part of the world. Australia is famous for its exceptional wildlife. The most famous are the koalas and kangaroos.
List of all countries in Oceania:
Because of its location on the equator, Africa is the warmest of all continents. That is why there are large desert areas such as the Sahara. Fascinating animals such as elephants, rhinos, baboons, zebras and lions live here. Africa is also the cradle of mankind. Findings prove that our ancestors first appeared in Africa about two million years ago.
List of all countries in Africa:
A large number of people live in Europe in a relatively small area. It currently consists of 46 sovereign states, in which more than 100 different languages are spoken. From Norway to Greece, from Portugal to Russia – when you cross Europe, you come across a wide variety of peoples, cultures and landscapes. Europe is also connected to another continent: Asia. They are the only two continents that are not separated by water. Together, the two form a huge land mass.
List of all countries in Europe:
The largest part of the world covers almost a third of the total land area. Most people also live here – in India alone over a billion – in China as many as 1.3 billion. So Chinese is the most spoken language in the world. Asia is also home to the huge Himalayas with the highest mountain on earth, Mount Everest.
List of all countries in Asia:
America – North and South
America consists of two continents: North and South America. The continent has an incredible diversity of nature. In North America, all the world’s climate zones are united – from the polar regions to the desert regions. There is still untouched nature here, but also large metropolises. Until the 15th century, only Indians lived in North America. Then European emigrants came to the continent. According to Countryaah.com, Canada, Mexico and United States are the three major countries in the continent of North America.
In South America there are still a relatively large number of Indian descendants. Some of these so-called Indians live in the largest jungle on earth: the rainforest. The trees and plants in this rainforest produce so much oxygen that the area is also called “the green lung of the earth”. Half of all animal and plant species on earth live here.
List of all countries in North America:
List of all countries in South America:
Central America, the seaweed that connects North and South America and separates the Pacific from the Caribbean.
Central America includes the states of Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama; total approx. 1/2 million. km2, 33 million. For historical and cultural reasons, Mexico is also often included in Central America.
The area has historical common features dating back to pre-Columbian Native American cultures, and apart from Belize (until 1981 British Honduras) a past as Spanish colonies from the early 1500s. to 1821.
The majority of the population are Catholics and descendants of Native Americans, many of them European-Native American, Masters.
The colonial era’s dependence on plantation products and mining became from the late 1800s. continued by US companies, especially in the field of agribusiness, and for the past 100 years, the countries have been strongly influenced by US political and military influence.
The mountainous terrain is bounded by a narrow coastal plain to the west and a wider to the east with mangrove swamps characterized in late summer by tropical hurricanes, hurricanes.
Central America lies in a geologically very active area, the collision zone between the two small lithosphere plates Cocos plate and Caribbean plate.
Official languages are Spanish except in Belize, where it is English.
In pre-Spanish times, the region from central Mexico to northern Costa Rica constituted a coherent cultural area known as Mesoamerica.
After the colonization
In the colonial period from the beginning of the 1500-t. until 1821, Central America constituted the administrative unit of Guatemalan Statehood, the Capitanía General, consisting of Chiapas, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
The 50 countries with the highest electricity consumption in the world
|Rank||Country||Electricity consumption (million kWh)|
|1||United States of America (North America)||4,072,000|
|2||China, People’s Republic (Asia)||2,650,000|
|5||Canada (North America)||568.200|
|9||Brazil (South America)||368.430|
|10||Great Britain (Europe)||354,800|
|11||Korea, Republic of (Asia)||352,000|
|16||Mexico (North America)||211,000|
|17||South Africa (Africa)||210,600|
|19||Saudi Arabia (Asia)||162,200|
|28||Venezuela (South America)||92,560|
|30||Argentina (South America)||86,380|
|37||Czech Republic (Europe)||57,200|
|41||Colombia (South America)||53,370|
|42||Chile (South America)||50,670|
|46||United Arab Emirates (Asia)||46,200|
|48||Hong Kong (Asia)||41,230|
|49||New Zealand (Australia-Oceania)||39,020|
|Consumption of electrical energy.|
- Discovery Cove – the Orlando Water Park August 5, 2022 - Discovery Cove is adjacent to SeaWorld . As a special attraction, the park offers the opportunity to swim with dolphins, interact with other marine life and birds, and snorkel through a tropical coral reef. From… Continue Reading
- Indonesian Beaches July 29, 2022 - Bali has very strong sea currents, so dozens of people drown here every year. The sea tide is extremely dangerous even for good swimmers. It is better to prefer the pools, of which there are… Continue Reading
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Industries July 22, 2022 - According to allcitycodes, Philadelphia is one of the most important industrial and commercial centers in the United States. The 1920 census gave as many as 819,000 people (603,237 men and 215,763 women) employed in the… Continue Reading
- What to See in Naryn (Kyrgyzstan) July 15, 2022 - According to Smarter Computing, Naryn is located at an altitude of 2500 m above sea level, on the banks of the Naryn River, at the intersection of the Bishkek-Torugart highway. The city of Naryn is… Continue Reading
- Major Cities in Saskatchewan (Canada) July 8, 2022 - Prince Albert, Saskatchewan (Canada) Travel in the northern part of Saskatchewan begins with the city of Prince Albert. It is located about 200 km north of Saskatoon. In the vicinity of the city is the… Continue Reading
- Attractions in Madrid, Spain July 1, 2022 - To the south of Plaza de la Cibeles , Paseo del Prado boulevard departs, which is often called the "Boulevard of the Arts". Three of the most famous museums in Madrid are located here. First… Continue Reading
- Kivach Nature Reserve, Russia June 24, 2022 - According to RC Toy's Advice, 15 km northwest of Kondopoga is the Kivach nature reserve, named after a waterfall on the Suna River. Kivach is the most popular waterfall in Karelia, the height of the… Continue Reading
- Culture of Nepal June 17, 2022 - NATIONAL FEATURES Almost the entire life of a Nepalese is based on religious dogmas and institutions. Officially, Nepal is considered a Hindu country, but practically the local religion is a complex syncretic cult based on… Continue Reading
- Slovenia General Information June 10, 2022 - According to Pet with Supplies, Slovenia is a country of amazing beauty! But at the same time, it is the smallest country in Europe, with an area equal to half of the Moscow region. It… Continue Reading
- Georgia Population, Society and Rights June 3, 2022 - According to Handbag Picks, Georgia, one of the 15 member states of the USSR, now has 4,049,000 residents, With a relatively high density, 58 residents for 2 km, on a sup. of 69,700 km 2.… Continue Reading