Holidays in Spain are incredibly popular, tourists from all over the world come here to enjoy the beaches with golden sand, flowering groves, snow-capped mountain peaks, unusual local entertainment, special cuisine and, of course, the Spanish language. Spain belongs to the third place in terms of frequency of visits among other resort countries.
According to toppharmacyschools.org, this country is one of the countries of the European Union, so the main unit of money in Spain is the euro. Money exchange can be done in hotels, exchange offices, travel agencies, but it is recommended to go to banks where money will be exchanged for you without taking a commission, or exchange money with a guide in hotels. If, nevertheless, commissions are taken, exchange offices must have a corresponding inscription.
Is Spain worth a holiday?
Tourism specialists pay a lot of attention to Spain, as many residents of Europe and Russia like to relax here. Holidays in Spain, like anywhere else, have their advantages and disadvantages.
- Even low-star hotels are quite attractive and popular with tourists;
- The food in Spain is excellent, both in hotels and in cafes and restaurants. Everything is always fresh and very tasty;
- At the beginning of summer, the sea is slightly cool, and at the end it is very warm, so you can choose the time to relax depending on what water temperature you like;
- The sights in Spain are quite interesting, there is something to see;
- The beaches here are clean, many people really like to swim;
- Shopping in Spain is very good, you can buy quality goods at low prices;
- There are a lot of hotels in the country, all diverse, there is a hotel for any tourist;
- Nightlife in almost all resorts is very vibrant;
- Tourism in the country is very developed, there are many tourist routes, everything is very convenient for recreation and sightseeing.
- The Spaniards are very noisy, often parties last all night, and this is considered normal. You can rest easy only in the provinces;
- All beaches are completely free, so you will need to pay extra for sun loungers and umbrellas in any case;
- Hotels often have thin partitions, so you will be uncomfortable with noisy neighbors.
IMPORTANT: Thus, we can say that Spain is well suited for a noisy active youth holiday. With children, it may not be so comfortable there, and if you like a relaxing holiday, then it is better to choose another country, or relax somewhere in the outback. But then you will not know the charms of Spain either.
In general, reviews about holidays in Spain are very positive. Since the country is not too cheap, those who are ready for all the shortcomings of Spain usually go there, and they themselves like to relax more noisily and more cheerfully. People love the culture, the sights, the local shows, and of course the great beaches.
The disadvantages most often include a siesta, during which it is simply unrealistic to buy or do something in the city, as well as some language barrier. Well, the price for the rest is usually not low.
Frequently asked questions about holidays in Spain
Is it possible to travel with children in Spain?
In general, you can, but for very young children it is too noisy and hot here. It is better to take older children with you, although they may not get the proper pleasure from the rest.
Are there skiing in Spain?
Yes, the season at the resorts is open from November to April. In some places, holidays in ski resorts are easily combined with beach holidays.
When to go to Spain to get to some festival?
Festivals in different cities are held here almost every month, although most of them, of course, in the summer. Simply select your favorite event and head to a resort closer to the venue.
How often do people steal in Spain?
Yes, quite often, so keep an eye on your things carefully and do not carry large sums of money and important documents with you.
When is a siesta in Spain?
From 13 to 16. Many shops and other institutions do not work at this time. There is no siesta only in the Sierra Nevada.