Stacyville, Maine is a small town located in the northern part of the state. It has a population of around 3,000 people, and is known for its rural atmosphere and strong sense of community. The geography of the town is mostly rolling hills and forests, with a few small lakes scattered around. The climate here is typically cold in the winter and mild in the summer, although temperatures can get quite hot during certain months. See health-beauty-guides for top counties in Maine.
The history of Stacyville dates back to the early 1800s when it was first settled by settlers from Massachusetts. Since then it has grown steadily, becoming an important agricultural center for the region. In recent years it has become a popular destination for tourists due to its rural charm and proximity to larger cities like Portland and Bangor.
Politically speaking, Stacyville leans somewhat conservatively with most residents voting Republican in presidential elections. The economy of the town largely relies on agriculture, but there are also several small businesses located here such as restaurants, stores, and other services catering to visitors.
The schools in Stacyville are managed by RSU #49 which consists of six elementary schools and one high school. The high school offers a wide range of courses including Advanced Placement classes as well as career-oriented programs such as auto mechanics or culinary arts.
As far as landmarks go there are several notable places worth visiting including the historic Stacyville Mill which dates back to 1806 and is still operational today; Grist Mill Park which features several trails for hiking; Kelly’s Falls which features beautiful cascading waterfalls; and Pleasant Lake which is great for fishing or boating activities during warmer months.
Population: 405. Estimated population in July 2020: 392 (-3.2% change)
Males: 191 (47.2%), Females: 214 (52.8%)
Median resident age: 40.9 years
Median household income: $26,667
Median house value: $57,500
Races in Stacyville:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.3%)
- Two or more races (2.7%)
- American Indian (2.0%)
- Hispanic (1.7%)
- Other race (1.0%)
Ancestries: Irish (31.1%), French (19.5%), English (15.8%), United States (13.8%), German (4.9%), Swedish (3.2%).
Elevation: 569 feet
Stacyville, Maine is a small town in the northern part of the state, with a population of just over 2,500 people. The town is primarily a bedroom community, with many of its residents commuting to nearby towns and cities for work. The population is mostly white, with a few African-American and Hispanic residents. It has an average median income of around $45,000 per year.
In terms of living costs, Stacyville is relatively affordable compared to other places in Maine. The median home price is around $130,000 and rent averages about $800 per month for two-bedroom apartments. Utilities are also quite affordable due to the town’s proximity to hydroelectric power sources. Groceries are about the same as most other places in the U.S., with an average cost index of 100 according to Numbeo. Healthcare costs are also reasonable due to several medical centers located nearby that offer competitive prices.
The town has plenty of outdoor activities and attractions that make it attractive for people looking for an affordable place to live while still having access to interesting things to do on weekends or days off from work. There are several hiking trails near Stacyville as well as lakes and rivers for fishing or boating trips. There are also several museums and historic sites that visitors can explore during their stay in town.
For population 25 years and over in Stacyville
- High school or higher: 70.4%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 11.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.2%
- Unemployed: 13.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Stacyville town
- Never married: 11.7%
- Now married: 71.9%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 6.7%
- Divorced: 8.4%
4.0% Foreign born (3.5% North America, 0.5% Europe).
Hospitals/medical centers near Stacyville:
- MILLINOCKET REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 23 miles; MILLINOCKET, ME)
- PENOBSCOT VALLEY HOSPITAL (about 35 miles; LINCOLN, ME)
- HOULTON REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 48 miles; HOULTON, ME)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Stacyville:
- NORTHERN MAINE REGIONAL ARPT AT PRESQUE IS (about 66 miles; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Abbreviation: PQI)
- BANGOR INTL (about 77 miles; BANGOR, ME; Abbreviation: BGR)
- BRUNSWICK NAS (about 169 miles; BRUNSWICK, ME; Abbreviation: NHZ)
Other public-use airports nearest to Stacyville:
- SHIN POND (about 17 miles; PATTEN, ME; Abbreviation: 85B)
- MILLINOCKET MUNI (about 21 miles; MILLINOCKET, ME; Abbreviation: MLT)
- MILLINOCKET (about 25 miles; MILLINOCKET, ME; Abbreviation: 70B)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Stacyville:
- UNIVERSITY OF MAINE (about 60 miles; ORONO, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,590)
- UNIVERSITY OF MAINE AT AUGUSTA (about 136 miles; AUGUSTA, ME; Full-time enrollment: 3,172)
- UNIVERSITY OF MAINE AT FARMINGTON (about 139 miles; FARMINGTON, ME; Full-time enrollment: 2,229)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MAINE (about 194 miles; PORTLAND, ME; Full-time enrollment: 7,381)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE (about 203 miles; STANDISH, ME; Full-time enrollment: 2,376)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLAND-UNIVERSITY CAMPUS (about 213 miles; BIDDEFORD, ME; Full-time enrollment: 2,251)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE-MAIN CAMPUS (about 254 miles; DURHAM, NH; Full-time enrollment: 12,586)
Public high school in Stacyville:
- KATAHDIN MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 223; Location: RTE 11 PO BOX 50 & 60; Grades: 07 – 12)
Public primary/middle school in Stacyville:
- KATAHDIN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 233; Location: RTE 11 PO BOX 10; Grades: PK – 06)